Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LBS ahoy

I have been working on my resume... can't make it fit a single page. There has just been too much, with my vaious jobs and responsibilities, even the fact that i have a postgrad degree in addition to the undergrad one! 

All this brought to focus the biggest weakness that i perceive in my application.... I am an "older candidate".... so i have to be even more careful about my school choices. Given that european schools are more friendly to older applicants, i had to iunclude atleast one from there. INSEAD.... somehow i have always felt that it was less substance than I wanted.... and because I am a career changer, i'd like a 2 year course better anyway. LBS was enticing, it seems like the right kind of place to me in a lot of ways, and the fact that a team from there climbed the Mt Everest just makes the place look cooool.....

I now had to think again about the other schools.

Darden, Tick and Fuqua have a relatively older-friendly reputation. Wharton.... its HSM is something i just really really want to do.. even though i know its been tending younger recently.... I was tempted to chuck out Ross, but decided to keep it, it is a good school and I'd love to study at a place where C K Prahlad is a faculty. 

SO there's a new school in the list.... lots of more work, and the essays have started to pour in.... wish me luck

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with any of the schools on your list. My list is similar, and was originally longer, but I think I won't be able to apply to more than 5-6 in R1, so need to select the schools prudently.

Anonymous said...

Hey Doc!
Nice list..
But am surprised not to see Columbia on ur list!!

Starwalker said...

yeah.... i was trying to choose schools with more GM focus.... didn't really want to displace any of these for columbia.... had a tough time eliminating kellog too.... but had to stick with more realistic choices.... man this mba stuff is really tough, the number of tough decisions i have already had to take, as have you, i'm sure. I'm sure i'll have my hands full till october with the schools i have